Saturday, April 4, 2020

Our Father Which Art in Heaven



My daddy is now deceased; but as I meditated upon the scriptures and my life, I realized that I had taken many things that he told me in my youth into my adulthood. As I pondered on my daddy, the Lord's Prayer came into my thoughts.  

Matthew 6:9 (KJV) says, "9 after this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name." Though I read that passage many times, even knew it by heart, only at that time did I fully realize that God was "my daddy."

 Jesus knew God was his daddy, from his youth; throughout his walk upon the earth, he loved and respected his Father so much that he could not possibly let him down in any way. 

Matthew 4: 3-4 tells us, "And when the tempter came to him, he said If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Jesus had two other temptations on this occasion, but he always replied, "(God) his daddy said."

Jesus was God, but also he was flesh. However, we know he held on tightly to the words his daddy told him and prayed that we would do the same. He wanted us to give us the same hope that he had. Like Jesus, I said the same words, "My daddy said." The belief in his words helped to dictate the path my life would follow. Now my truth is, when I gave my life to God, through Jesus, I gained a new daddy; now, he is giving me new ideas, beliefs, and attitudes.

 I am convinced he loves me in spite of my shortcomings. Not only me, but also everyone reading this, and his love is everlasting. He loves me more than my human daddy ever could, and comfort to know he is not in Heaven planning my destruction. He is waiting for me to come to him as I would my daddy and hold his words dear to my heart.


He promised me in "Matthew 7:7-127 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son asks bread, will he give him a stone?10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in Heaven give good things to them that ask him?"

I try to let God's words bury themselves deep within my heart, as I did my own earthly daddy. He loves me (and you), and wants no harm for me, only goodness and peace within my heart. When I walk in his love and grace, I know that whatever comes my way, my daddy (God) is there and knows what I am going through.

 Hold your heads up; he can grow a beautiful flower from even the worse seed when you hold him close and live by his words, and I only pray that my words give you some peace and realization you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment