Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The Chosen


The Chosen
Sector C Volume 1

Set in a futuristic dystopian where society is governed by a council of vampires and lycanthropes, selection students are sheltered and raised in a deceptively utopian world. Strict rules are imposed to control population growth, education, and even personal interactions with other members of the Sector, all in the name of safety. When ‘A’ comes of age, she like all youth throughout Sector C and her selection classmates aren’t sent out into the world to find jobs, make money and lead happy carefree lives. They are forced to endure the rigorous physical and mental testing of Selection Week before choosing their destiny or being forced into a fate far worse. Those that make it out alive are announced as sector residence, given a position within the society, and allotted all the privileges of their chosen “culture.” However, when your only choices are vampirism, lycanthropy, breeder, blood donor, or banishment to the Wastelands, what choice do you really have? Suspenseful, intense, passionate, and awash in paranormal delights, Sector C captures the enchantment and mysteries of the supernatural world and the power of friendship.


Buy Links


The Hunted
Sector C Volume 2

In the future, most of the world is governed by a council of vampires and lycanthropes. Sector residents are offered the freedom to live as they desire provided they stay and abide by the laws
handed down. After being jolted awake by the blaring screech of the sector alarm, Zelina is dragged from her bed, gagged, and tied to a chair. Confronted with the brutal murder of one of her former classmates, she realizes that all eyes are on her as the primary suspect. Whether she was involved or not doesn’t matter. In the eyes of most sector residents, and most Council Members, Zelina is already a pariah—feared for the powers she will certainly come to possess. For she is the first human known to have both vampire and lycanthrope blood flowing through her veins. Zelina will find herself on a gripping adventure that will take her beyond the borders she’s known all her life in an attempt to save those she loves—and herself from becoming The Hunted.


Buy Links

The Bridge
Sector C Volume 3

Change is happening all around Zelina and with it a prophesy is revealed. Is Zelina the key to unlocking a new way of existing on earth? What will she do when she discovers the true monsters of Sector C – the darkness that feeds off of the fear and the unknowing. Will she be able to suspend her own disbelief about what is possible and secure a new future? With the help of Merick, a motley crew of defectors, and a host of unexpected allies, Zelina bridges space and time in an attempt to bring forth a new future for all sentient beings. Join Zelina, Merick, and the others as they discover the power of the prophesy and their parts in setting their stagnant world free.


Buy Links




I have always been creative, be it art, theatre, film – anything but singing – you don’t want to hear that! I earned her bachelor’s degree in Theatre and Military Science from EMU where I spent most of my time either on stage, rappelling down buildings, or working one of three jobs. After college, I moved to Los Angeles, like so many other want-to-be actors, in pursuit of my dreams. I worked to pay the bills… but my love was acting and I was actually somewhat successful, mostly in commercials and independent films and I had a great time doing it.
In 2008, after some major life changes, I self-published her first book PRIVATE WORDS UNSPOKEN, a compilation of poetry. Since then, my dreams have gotten bigger and I would like to think my storytelling ability has gotten better. I have done everything from secretarial work to business development to being the Director of a private preschool. I have fired an M16, jumped out of a C130, and given birth – TWICE - but I always return to my art.
Though I’ll forever be a Michigan girl at heart, I now live in the South with my husband and two beautiful children. If I’m not working on my latest story, you can find me lounging with a good book, playing with my kids, or indulging in my unhealthy addiction to Starbucks coffee.

Author Links




 Is there an author whose brain you would love to pick for advice?
Stephen King! Without question. His mind is just amazing. The stories he comes up with suck me in and just imprison me until I’ve turned the last page.

Do the characters all come to you at the same time or do some of them come to you as you write?
I usually only start with a short scene and a few characters. The rest of the characters come to me in their own time, as I get to their part of the story.

Do you read and if so, what is your favorite genre?
As an author I believe it is important to always be reading. I have a library of books on my phone and I’m always in the middle of at least one or two print books as well. Reading is how we exercise our minds and challenge our creativity. I will read just about anything but right now, I’m really enjoying all things YA.
Do you write one book at a time or do you have several going at a time?
That’s a great question. I typically will write one book at a time, but I’ve always got stories I’m outlining in the process. If I get a great story idea, I’ll outline it or jot down some notes so I can keep the thoughts active in my mind. I will also write short scenes in the voice of different characters when I get an idea that doesn’t related to my current work in progress. Then, when my manuscript goes to editing, I start on the next manuscript.

If you could have been the author of any book ever written, which book would you choose?
The Shining by Stephen King

Advice you would give to new authors?
Keep writing. It isn’t always easy, but it is rewarding. Also, remember you will never please everyone so write what you love.

What are common traps for new authors?
Trying to edit as you write. Trust me, if you do that, you will never finish your story. Just get everything on paper and then, when your story is done, go back and take a page out of Stephen Kings school of writing and kill all your darlings!
“Kill your darlings, even when it breaks your egocentric little scribbler's heart, kill your darlings.” ~ Stephen King
What he is saying is that not every word you’ve written needs to be published. Considering how long most of his books are, it is hard to believe he kills his darlings, but he does – and you should. Editing can be hard, but it is a vital aspect of becoming a good writer. Just don’t do it while you write. Hire a good editor, someone you trust and who understands your voice. Then, listen to them. Editors work hard to help you make your book the best it can be, but they can only do as much as you will let them.
So, write your heart out and then kill your darlings!

What is your writing Kryptonite?
Netflix! Netflix is my kryptonite! It is way too easy to get sucked into a good show and start binge watching. Before you know it a week… two weeks… a month… has gone by and I haven’t written a single word.



Giveaway
$25 Amazon

Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway!

                                                
                                      

Silver Dagger Book Tours: https://www.silverdaggertours.com/




3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing my SECTOR C Series with your readers. If anyone has questions about the books, my writing style, or just being an author please comment here. I will check in throughout the month and answer any posted questions.
    Thank you,
    Nina Soden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing information about by SECTOR C Series with your readers. If anyone has questions about the books, my writing style, or just being an author please post them here. I will check in throughout the month to answer any questions.

    Thank you,
    Nina Soden
    www.ninasoden.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new book. Best of Luck

    ReplyDelete